Friday, August 27, 2010

Love

Here is something that started rattling around in my head last night. I was feeling a bit disconnected (alone/isolated) and started thinking about the boundary between love and sex. In essence I was wondering what a woman might say to a man who needed to feel love.

I wish I was a better writer to express these ideas. Hopefully that is something that improves with practice. Given my limitations, I would ask you to read this slowly, perhaps out loud as there are a few things going on here that can get lost in scanning. To varying degrees, each line has meaning beyond it's text.

A Woman's Love

Men often confuse love for sex
Women often confuse sex for love

My love can be hard to find
I wear my love with honesty 
I want you to know my love

My love is long
My love is wide
You kneel for my love
My hands in your hair
My love takes your breath away
My love holds you speechless
My love wants more of you, all of you

You need my love inside you
My love enters you slowly, sweetly
My love is patient
My love lies deep within you
I want you to feel my love

Our hearts in rhythm 
Our bodies in motion
My love fills you
My love opens you
My love moves you

Your love is hard
Your love builds, sways
Your love aches for release
Your love spills forth
Your love covers your heart
I can touch your love
Your love is warm
You say your love is salty, even bitter
I can taste your love in your kiss

My love leaves you shaking
My Love remains

Our love binds us, connects us, fulfills us

No comments:

Post a Comment