Monday, August 24, 2009

Accidental Tourist

Thanks to a bit of miss-communication, I find myself in San Fransisco today with some free time on my hands. It occurred to me that I might as well use the opportunity to visit a few places I have to this point only seen online. Not the bridge or the cable cars, I've already seen all that in proper tourist form with flash bulbs blazing. Instead I wandered a few blocks over and few up to Good Vibrations to check out the store in person. Not surprising, I was very impressed with the store and the staff. They offered a great collection of, well... pretty much everything. Its pretty cool when you walk through a store and note a distinct lack of crap. Everything in its place and every item representing the best of class for its application. The store seemed a little light on leather gear, but after all this is San Fran and I am sure there are a number of purveyors for that particular fetish.

I had a fun conversation with the sales staff, but failed to get the name of the young man I spoke with. We were trying to figure out if the folks at TSA security at the airport would flip out at my intended purchase when my carry-on crosses the xray. I generally don't take (or buy) toys on my business trips, but I figured since I was there it would be a shame not to take advantage of the wares. More on what I bought in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment